Find outlined below the structure for our points system.
- FVAV Club Championship points are to be made up of all gazetted Formula Vee rounds as at 01/01 each year including the VSCRC rounds and Island Magic.
- You must be an FVAV Member before the first round you compete to be eligible to collect points.
- Non-FVAV Members will earn points, however will be ineligible to collect these until such time of becoming a Member. Points cannot be backdated.
- All races to be included in the point score from the current season.
- Points will be allocated to all Drivers as per the tables below:
1600 cc point score
|1st||30 points||7th||14 points||13th||8 points||19th||2 points|
|2nd||25 points||8th||13 points||14th||7 points||20th +||1 point|
|3rd||22 points||9th||12 points||15th||6 points||DNF||0 points|
|4th||20 points||10th||11 points||16th||5 points||DNS||0 points|
|5th||18 points||11th||10 points||17th||4 points|
|6th||16 points||12th||9 points||18th||3 points|
1200 cc point score
|1st||20 points||7th||4 points|
|2nd||15 points||8th||3 points|
|3rd||12 points||9th||2 points|
|4th||10 points||10th +||1 point|
|5th||8 points||DNF||0 points|
|6th||6 points||DNS||0 points|
- In addition to the above, two (2) points shall be awarded to the Driver that sets the fastest qualifying lap time; (outright) at each round of the Championship.
- Should a race be cancelled or declared a non-race, points shall be awarded as per the grid positions for that race.
- In the event of a tie at the end of the Championship, the final positions shall be determined by comparing the race results of each tied Driver with the Driver with the highest number of first places being awarded the Championship. If at this stage a tie still exists, it shall be resolved by comparing the number of second, third, or fourth places (and so on) by each tied Driver until all positions have been determined.
- The Driver with the highest points total, calculated from the total points awarded to each Driver over the all rounds of the Championship shall be declared the winner of their Class, with the winner of the Outright class being declared the, (Year) FVAV Club Champion. i.e. 2018 FVAV Club Champion.